Room Assignments for Classes
As part of the course scheduling process, classes are scheduled into Registrar rooms as requested (also referred to as General Purpose Rooms) across campus and are made viewable on Class Search.
Reserving a Room Outside of Class Time
When not in use for classes, all Registrar Rooms are available at no-charge for course-related work, departmental meetings, and university events. Final exams and departmental exams, approved as official, are scheduled by the Office of the Registrar; room assignments for these exams are emailed to the primary instructor prior to the start of the term. The exam link across the top of this page provides additional information regarding exam dates and locations.
Room requests may be submitted online (netID/password required) at https://scheduling.nd.edu. Select Create a Reservations/Reserve a Room. Rooms are available only for the current term and are based on building operational hours.
Student clubs must register their event through SAO360. Students interested in reserving space for group work or projects must work with their professor to reserve campus space.
Opening of buildings and rooms for events
Housekeeping services and NDSP receive a report each day with information regarding scheduled classes, exams, and approved events. The reserved room (and exterior doors) should be unlocked 15 minutes in advance. If upon arrival the building and/or room is still locked, please call NDSP at 631-5555.
Room Descriptions, Photos, and Technology Assistance
Nearly all Registrar rooms now offer full technology including projection or large display, a Windows 7 PC, laptop hookup, document camera, and a DVD or BluRay player. The scheduling website
offers photos of the rooms and detailed descriptions; click on any room name for features, photos, and floor plans.
- OIT Audio Visual Technologies provides assistance with installed technology and portable equipment support for classes and events directly related to class work.
- Portable gear is available from OIT Audio Video Checkout in 115 DeBartolo Hall to supplement teaching and learning.
- OIT Special Event Equipment Rental is available for events which need technical support, IT or AV equipment is needed to supplement installed equipment, or for events held in non-Registrar classrooms. These services would include sound systems, video projection, technical support, and much more.
- Facilities Management will repair or replace furnishings (chalkboards, podiums, chairs, etc.). They may be reached by phone at 631-4610.
- Housekeeping Services delivers chalk, erasers, and markers to the rooms on a regular basis and has extra stock on hand. They may be reached by phone at 631-5615.