This “Separation from the University” eForm
must be completed for students who are withdrawing from the University.
The “Separation from the University” form is only required
once the semester has begun and the student has completed the ND Roll Call process. If a student
wishes to leave the University and has not yet completed the ND Roll Call process for the semester,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The
student is responsible for initiating the form when they are seeking to
withdraw from the University.
For the Student
The official "Withdrawal from the University" Policy may be found
in the student's Academic Code. The following information
is provided to assist students who are considering withdrawing from the
University of Notre Dame.
- If it is between semesters, and you are not planning to return, please fill out this form with the appropriate signatures
- If you are considering withdrawing from Notre Dame, you should consult
widely with campus resources to determine whether a withdrawal is appropriate.
Discuss your options with your academic advisor, counselor, an assistant
dean within your college, your rector, and your parents or other family
members, to determine whether a withdrawal is the appropriate course
- Withdrawals require the approval of two University officials:
- The Dean or Assistant Dean of the College (or First Year of Studies) in which you are enrolled.
- First, schedule an appointment with the dean or assistant dean of your college and obtain the dean’s approval as indicated by a signature on the separation form.
- The Office of Student Affairs.
- Second, schedule an appointment with the Office of Student Affairs (316 Main Building, 1-7736), but only after the dean or assistant dean of your college has signed your separation form.
- You must obtain these approvals to avoid receiving failing grades in your classes and to ensure appropriate adjustment to your student account. Accordingly, do not make plans to depart from campus until you have scheduled and attended these appointments.
- If you hold an F-1 or J-1 visa, you are required to visit the ND International Office (105 Main Building) prior to submitting the form to the Office of the Registrar.
- It is also required that you visit Student Accounts (124 McKenna Hall)
and Financial Aid (128 McKenna Hall) to review with them the financial
impact of withdrawing.
- If you wish to reapply to the University, please refer to http://provost.nd.edu/information-for-faculty/faculty-handbook-academic-codes/ for all policies and procedures required for your student status.
- Withdrawals are recorded on a student's academic transcript, with the exception of a separation between semesters.