Name Changes

To officially request a name change, the Office of the Registrar requests your Notre Dame Student ID card (current students), along with one or more of the following to be brought into our office:

Our office will make a copy of the legal document, and return the original to you while you wait.

International Students (F-1 or J-1 status) must provide a copy of the document on which your name change request is based to International Student and Scholar Affairs in order to ensure that your name will continue to appear correctly on any U.S. immigration documents.

To add a Social Security number, please contact or 574-631-7043 for instruction and proper documentation requirements.